Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Zoey Lynn

It's been almost 2 weeks. I can't believe it. I don't have nearly the pictures of her as I have of Jackson at this age. I'm already getting behind! Her umbilical cord just came off today and I'm feeling that "newborness" already start to leave! They grow so fast. Brian is the best dad ever and he is such a help. I cried when he went back to work, the thought of being home alone with the two was a bit overwhelming!



Although these past few weeks have been, and continue to be, a transitional time for all of us, I have had so much help from family and friends that I don't think I could have survived emotionally without. It's funny how a small, sleepy baby can throw a huge curve in life's routine, but we love her and are grateful to have her in our family. Jackson has had a lot of attention from visitors and that has helped in the transition.

He really loves her and wants to kiss and hold her all of the time, he just doesn't know how to be gentle about it. Zoey has already been carried upside down, fallen on, and hit on the head a few times...she'll grow to be a tough girl with Jackson around! I just can't keep him away from her. I watch her like a hawk and unless she locked up in her room while sleeping, he doesn't get out of my sight either!

Zoey is an Angel. She's a great sleeper. We hardly see her eyes open. She doesn't like a binky, but hardly needs it. She calms quickly, and only cries if Jackson is too rough or if she's too cold, but when she cries, she has a nice pair of lungs to let us know she's not happy! She has feminine ways already, the way she eats and cries. I can just tell she's totally different from my boy! I love it...a girly girl and manly boy. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment