Sunday, November 11, 2012

Like a bowl full of chili...

With the snow, it's hard not to feel a bit of the holiday spirit! You might recognize the journal title taken with some liberty from "Twas the Night Before Christmas" :)


Happy to say we've got all our holiday shopping done already! I always like to get it done early so I can enjoy the spiritual aspect of the holidays... and to avoid the shoppers. While getting certain not-to-be-mentioned items, the clerk said she loved early shoppers "because they are nice" but hated working retail during the season because everyone "turns mean." Why is that?

Anyway, I made some vegetarian Chili yesterday. Great Recipe from a book by Scott Jurek called Eat and Run. He's a vegan ultra-marathoner and this was one of the recipes our family has really enjoyed from that book. Since I'm too lazy to retype it, I just snapped a photo of it. Hope you can read it , and if you can, give it a try! We also like to top it with fresh avocado chunks and shredded cheese, and I have to leave out the hot peppers for the kids sake, but Brian likes it hot!






No comments:

Post a Comment