Saturday, January 15, 2011

Morning

As a new mother, I use to complain when my day starting at 6:45am. Now, I've just gotten use to the fact that my kids are early risers! No matter what time they go to bed, they wake up early! So I have had to adjust my schedule so that I can enjoy those early morning hours, rather than feeling like a hibernating bear getting out of bed each day.
Eli's day starts at 6am. I can't complain too much because he sleeps 12 hours through the night, but it's an early start. I take that time to kick on the fire to get the downstairs warmed up, read my scriptures and say my morning prayers, and spend time with just Eli. It's the only time of day that I have to be with just the two of us and I really enjoy it. 
By 8 am the rest of the house is waking up. Jackson ALWAYS begs to hold Eli before he goes back to bed for his morning nap. Jackson loves his brother so much. Then I get breakfast started and the kids dressed while Brian showers and gets ready. Zoey's favorite part is to help Brian shave, notice the shaving cream on  his nose! She'd put it all over his face if he let her!
By 9am Jackson heads off to school...and I feel like going back to bed! But the day has only begun. While he's gone, I clean house and get showered myself. Then it's time for lunch and afternoon naps. By 3 o'clock I'm wondering where the day went and wishing I could get a nap, hoping Brian will come home early (not likely), and pondering what to do about dinner.

Of all the daily routines, morning is my favorite.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment