Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teething is for babies....

Can I just say I hate the teething phase? Despise the teething phase would be more like it. Nothing can turn a regularly sweet baby into a monster, or a normally well-rested baby into a sleep-deprived whiner, like cutting teeth.

Zoey has been teething like crazy lately, she cut three in last week and I think two more are trying to make their way in. Last night was one of the nights among the past three weeks where Zoey hasn't been able to sleep through the night. She'll wake up in pain, screaming and crying for at least an hour or two each night. It's beginning to wear. Last night, we did what we could: gave her medicine, tried to calm her, but with no success. After a while, we just had to turn on the fans in the bathrooms to create a sound to muffle out the cries.

I was in that phase of sleep where the sounds from reality start to mingle with the dream world. When I finally awoke, I realized it was Jackson who was crying and not Zoey. He had heard her screaming, and woke up scared. By the time I got to him, he was shaking with fear and had that hyperventilating type cry. It took a good hour to get him to calm back down (Brian was an amazing help though all of this too, thank you)! By then, Brian and I had only about three hours left of sleep before we had to start our day all over again.

And the whole house is whiny today.....can you imagine why?

No comments:

Post a Comment