Friday, May 1, 2009

Jackson's Two!



Happy Birthday to YOU, Jackson dear!

Today, Jackson is two years old. I can't believe it! He's such a little helper in so many ways. This is a picture of him helping me make his birthday cake. He LOVES chocolate. He gets that from me, ha ha!

We're celebrating his birthday tomorrow by having a swim party with the family at the Lehi indoor pool. It's one if his favorite places to go.

I just wanted to write down a few things I love about my ever-growing boy and the sweetness that comes with the innocence of childhood. I'd hope for these things to stay for ever, but I'll know he'll grow out of it someday, as he should. I just want to make sure I remember what he's like at this time in his life.

I love it when (if he wants something REALLY bad) I can tell him "it will cost a kiss" and he quickly obliges! But I love it even more when he does it unprovoked, and just wants to give me a kiss.

I love it when I catch him doing silly things when he doesn't think anyone is looking, like making faces at himself in the bathtub faucet (reflects like a mirror) or walking on his heels just to be silly.

I love it when we ask for "bear hugs" he's all about making the sound more than the actual squeeze.

I love how he sucks on his bottom lip and plays with his cowlick when he's a little unsure of things.

I love how me asks me to kiss his owies better.

I love it when he wants me to do something with him, he'll take my hand and say, "come with me!"

Although I love that he's independent, I love it when he needs me too.

I love how anxious he is to be able to play with Zoey. He can't wait for her to be his playmate!

I love his facial expressions and his excitement over little things.

I just love, love, love him! I'm so glad he's a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment