Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Orange?


It's a wonder we ever learn to pick up the English language! At first, Jackson called any fruit that was round an "apple." We would point to an orange and say "this is an orange. ok Jackson what is this?" "Apple!" Sigh.
We finally got him to distinguish between apple and orange. Then we started to teach him colors. He knows the names, but gets the colors mixed up. He will call something blue, red or something yellow, green etc.
This morning, I was preparing breakfast for us...just simple toast and jam, cereal and sliced fruit. Jackson is always impatient to eat and gets really excited about food. I was cutting up an orange and I was obviously not getting the food to him quickly enough because he kept (anxiously) saying "orange? orange, please? orange." He must have thought he was saying the wrong word, or that I couldn't understand him because he finally stopped and said, "red?" I started to laugh. It was a great way to start my day-- a little toddler humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment