Saturday, August 23, 2014

First Day of School



I always worry about how the kids do at school and if they are enjoying their teacher, classmates, etc. I hope people are nice to them and vice versa. It's always a great experience to listen to their back to school blessings. We had a special one on one time with each child as we talked about their concerns and Brian gave them a blessing. It was very special. Eli giggled through his and afterwords we asked "What does it feel like?" and he said "A tickle. I could feel it start in my head and go all the way to my heart. " We knew he felt the Spirit. It was neat.

Jackson is starting 2nd grade and Zoey is starting kindergarten! 


They both got into John Hancock charter school this year! We are super excited for them. It was an unexpected change for us, but we welcome it. I think they will really enjoy their experience there, although it'll be a bit of a challenge at first. They are teaching a year ahead of the public school system, so Jackson is learning 3rd grade material and Zoey will be expected to know 1st grade stuff by the end of the year. They are well prepared for it. They are smart kiddos and we have been learning at home all summer long!

They wear uniforms. I think they look nice, but Zoey wishes she could look "cute." Zoey picked a Hello Kitty Backpack, Jackson is using his ninja turtle backpack again, but he's excited about his new lunchbox (he purchased it from "mom store" this summer and has an ice pack to keep his food cold)! 


Eli started Pre-School Musical. He has been looking forward to this day for a long time! He wishes he could go every day! He's very social and enjoys the school experience. 



 I can't believe I have 3 kids in some form of school! Twice a week I only have 2 kids at home until noon. Usually Isaac is sleeping, so it's a nice chance to get some one on one time with Calvin. He hasn't had that experience yet. It's nice for the both of us!






No comments:

Post a Comment