Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2 months old!

Isaac turns 2 months old tomorrow! He is a sweetheart! His Valentine to me is his smile :) 


 He has been smiling for about 3 weeks! It is such a reward to see him smile at me. I always feel like he's telling me "Thank you for taking care of me!" It makes all the nightly feedings and tired crazy moments worth it. I love seeing a personality emerging from him, and knowing that he won't always be a baby that only knows how to cry for communication. His smiles are SO HARD to get on camera. But they are HUGE and they make me happy. 

He loves to be held and is one of our cuddliest babies we've had. I love this profile picture and his cute button nose.

My mom has made a quilt for each of her grandchildren. Isaac's quilt has been my favorite so far - I love the green chevron print and the animals (it matches perfectly with his room). I used it for a backdrop to these photos: he looks so handsome! 


And to every pediatricians horror, I'm sure, I put my babies to sleep on their tummy. They sleep better. I honestly try to do back-sleep thing and it just doesn't work for us. I really wanted Isaac to be a back sleeper, because it's safer and all, but after a while of fighting it, I finally rolled him to his tummy and he's been happy there ever since…until last week! I went in to nurse him for his nightly feedings and each time I went into his room, he was face-up! I have been watching him try to roll over and thought, "no, way..that's not what he's doing, he's too young!" I was expecting that to happen after 3 months, but sure enough, there he was! He's done it a few times subconsciously in his sleep. It's weird to go get him, expecting him to be on his tummy, and have him on his back instead! Maybe he'll be like Jackson and be a quick mover, walking at 9 months. We'll see..


No comments:

Post a Comment