Thursday, November 21, 2013

We have a birthday-- shout Hurray!

 Zoey is 5 today! I'm so glad to have her in our family. If we are blessed to only have one girl, I'm glad she's it. I love soaking up her age right now of playing with dolls, dress-up, and imagination. Once that's gone and she's grown out of it, it will be gone! I'm kinda sad to see her grow up!

She loves to have her nails painted but her hair undone. She loves to wash dishes. She loves daddy-daughter dates and loves, loves picnics. The only thing she asked for for her birthday was a picnic blanket. I started in September and spent every Friday morning at my mom's to sew one together for her. It was my first and I learned a lot along the way!

The back is a patchwork of old denim and outdoor quality paisley swirl print. The interior batting is a waterproof sheeting.  The front is a patchwork of fun printed and colored flannels. Very soft and fun and girlie. I had an industrial machine stitch added with hearts and swirls as a final touch. She was so excited!



Her cake is a mountain picnic scene with her dad, sitting on her very own picnic blanket! We'll see if she eats any of it tonight, she is sick with pink eye and a viral form of strep. She's even requested soup as her birthday meal. I feel so bad for her! Although, today is better than yesterday when she was running a fever of 101 most of the day and completely miserable!  


 I had made her a matching apron to go with her blanket. It's reversible, the other side is pink with turquoise and flowered ruffles. She also received an apron from Aunt Carissa that matches one she gave me for my birthday. She was pretty excited about us having matching aprons! (She is wearing it in the top picture). Now she has one to share when friends come to play!


We love her and are so glad she's our Zoey!

No comments:

Post a Comment