Friday, June 8, 2012

One month!


Calvin is one month old! Time flies. We all feel a bit like Calvin does in this photo. Look at that huge yawn! It has been a very tiring and exhausting month for us. Calvin's reflux/colic is still pretty bad most days, although we have seen a few moments of improvement which gives me hope for the future and motivation to make it though each day. Yesterday was a day when he had painful cries from around 3:30pm until 7:30 at night. By the time Brian made it home from work, I was emotionally broken too. 

I really feel that this experience is teaching me to love deeper and greater and to have more sympathy for others in their trials. I have had more patience than I could have thought possible from me. For that, I guess you could say I'm grateful for  the challenge because of what it is teaching me. And of course, I will always be grateful for Calvin. My love for him is immense...I just wish I could take his pain away! He is a special, sweet baby.

I've learned that infants with reflux or colic can have the issue for 6 months or so. I guess you could say we are one month down, and a few more to go! That gives me something to look forward to! I also read a recent article on KSL about a family who's infant was diagnosed with a rare disease which will leave their baby unable to develop past 6 months of age mentally, and he won't be able to live much longer than that.
(you can read about it here: 
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20746524&nid=1010&title=fighter-jett-touching-lives-with-a-flight-plan-all-his-own&s_cid=featured-1
 It puts things in perspective and I can at least say reflux isn't THAT bad. We can deal with it, at least we'll get to see him grow out of it! 


Although this picture is a bit fuzzy, you can see the greatest pleasure in Eli's face. He finally had the chance to hold his brother and was SO dang excited about it. Eli has been fighting colds, hand foot and mouth, coughs and fevers since we brought Calvin home from the hospital. Now, a month later, Eli finally got his chance! He was so happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment