Monday, February 6, 2012

Photos!

My goal was to get the laundry room completed before our vacation to Hawaii. What started as a desire to add shelves for storage, turned into a whole re-decorating job. Brian always says, "If you're going to do something, do something right." I found an armoire on KSL that needed a little fixing up, and I didn't feel like I had the energy to "fix" it just yet.  So I planned to just use the armoire as it was until I had time to do something about it. The only problem was that the armoire was siting in the garage and I needed Brian's help to get it upstairs and in the laundry room. But he wasn't about to bring the armoire inside without it looking nice first. SO...it forced me into fixing it up so that I could use it.

That made me think about the ceiling that needed repainted in the laundry room, and then the walls needed a new color, and then of course the ideas kept spinning off from there. I wish I had pictures of the "before" project but basically it was a big room with no color and no storage. Here is our "after" product:

This is the armoire that got the whole thing started. I repainted, distressed and glazed it and put new hardware on it. It's a fantastic turquoise color- I absolutely love it! The picture doesn't do it justice though because there is a yellow tint to it for some reason. You have to see it in person though. This now holds all of my laundry detergents,  cleaning rags, iron and things that use to sit on top of my washer and dryer.



New shelves and labeled baskets! I love these! I love having the room organized. I use to have random piles all over my house of mis-matched socks, dry-cleaning, or ironing piles. Now they are all in one place and labeled! And I love the bar underneath the shelf that can hold hangers and clothes after they are ironed or need air drying.


 This is the overall room...the walls are a pretty blue color. Like I said, all these photos have a yellow tint to them (making it look greener than it is), so it's much better in person.  All accents are in black and white and the armoire is the one piece in turquoise.


Our wash sink. This also use to be cluttered with junk, now it's just a pretty place to wash stains out! 



 I love our new laundry room. Brian was quite pleased with the end results too! Although he supported my desire he didn't want anything to do with the job... which was fine by me. It was a fun project for me to do anyway. So, until I needed help with hanging shelves, he stayed out of the way and let me do my thing. He was very impressed in the end! I love how a little color can make a room so much more cheery.

No comments:

Post a Comment