Friday, July 29, 2011

Summertime...

Two words: Family reunions! We had two this summer. They were fun and exhausting at the same time.

For the Beutler reunion we all stayed in a huge (beautiful) cabin in Afton Wyoming. We had so much fun that the only picture I stopped to take was this one. You can tell Eli was having the time of his life being out of his carseat...but don't worry, we weren't actually driving in this picture! Brian golfed, I ran (beautiful country!),  we played games, went on a hike, had fireworks, and the cousins enjoyed being with each other. The only thing we didn't get enough of was sleep.

I learned from the first Reunion to remember to bring my camera, so I snapped a few more pictures this time. For the Gray reunion we all stayed in a big cabin at Bear Lake. It was also a blast accompanied by very little sleep. We wore the kids out with activities. The boys went fishing while the girls took the kids swimming at a nearby pool. We also played at the lake (very little shoreline with the water being so high this year). there were only a few "beaches" open and they were crammed shoulder to shoulder with people. 






...and my sisters and I went for a 10 mile run! This was us at the beginning. At 6:30 am....all smiles. We kept each other paced pretty well. And although I had moments when I didn't feel my best, they passed and at the end I was surprised at how good I felt overall. My sister and I later said we should have added on three more miles and just made it a half-marathon! I wish we did.  We are all training to run a 205 mile relay race from Logan to Jackson  Hole in two weeks. I am soooo excited and pumped for the event. I have been training since January and can't believe it's just around the corner! I'm glad these girls get to do it with me! 


 We hiked through Minatonka cave later that day. The 400+ stairs were hard on my knees after our morning run, but it probably kept me loose and limber and prevented me from getting too sore. It was nice and cold down there and so we had to bundle up the kids, but they loved it. Both were great family reunions. We really enjoyed being around our relatives and exploring new places with the kids. 

We have had the bussiest summer (still more on the horizon) so we are looking forward to a weekend of NOTHING! I'll let you know if/when that happens! 


No comments:

Post a Comment