Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeding Ducks

We went to the park yesterday to watch the ducks. It was a great sunny day. I didn't bring any bread this time because I thought they'd be fed full by the time we got there. But it turned out they were hungry. Jackson decided to collect pieces of mulch and rocks to try and feed them with. He soon found out the ducks were not interested in his "food" and complained by saying, "They're not eating it mom!" I told him they were smart ducks.
I noticed some pieces of dried crusty bread lying on the ground and I gave them to Jackson, and the ducks loved it. So we spent some time scavenging for food people dropped around the pond. A man noticed what we were doing and shared some pieces of bread with us and it made Jackson's day.

Zoey saying "Cheese!" She was running a fever and not feeling well in this picture, but she was hanging in there because of the exciting ducks. She has been sick quite a bit lately, I feel so bad for her. Her weak immune system picks up everything. She has been on an antibiotic for an earache, and while medicated, picked up a viral infection. Argh!
It's spring around the pond! We found two nests, and some ducks that were squatting amid the rocks that I'm sure were sitting on eggs. We'll come back in a few weeks to see the babies swimming....they are always fun to feed!














No comments:

Post a Comment