Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A few Fun Updates

Zoey is as cute as ever. She has had a rough winter with a few bugs, and most recently an earache, but she is such a cutie! She and Jackson are interacting more and having fun playing together (most of the time). It's fun to hear them make each other laugh (it seems to be Jackson's goal to act goofy enough to make Zoey laugh). She is talking constantly in conversations that she thinks we should understand, but don't. Yesterday she had her first real sentence. She showed Brian a ball and he asked, "what is that? " and she said perfectly clear, "It's a ball!" We were amazed. She has only used single word phrases up until that point, so we were shocked and amazed! I wish I had it on film....
Jackson is learning how to use the toilet. He does really well with going "#2", but still is working on recognizing when he needs to "tinkle" and make it to the toilet in time. It is causing a lot of laundry for me! He doesn't want any help and will, without doubt, tell me to 'go away' so he can have his privacy. I tried to wipe him after a tinkle the other day and he surprised me by saying this: "Mom! I don't wipe my pee pee, I shake it!" Ha ha! Where does he LEARN that!
He is learning the alphabet, individual letters and the sounds they make. Each day we cover a new letter and collect items that start with that letter and keep them in a box, at the end of the day we show Brian what we collected and review the letter and sound. He is getting pretty good! As we are around town and he points something out like car...I'll say "CAR starts with the letter...." and he'll tell me. He's not always right, but he's getting there. I'm a proud mommy of my growing boy!
Yesterday he wanted to play outside and I told him he could if he put his shoes on. So I was taking care of Zoey and got distracted and looked outside and saw he was wearing MY shoes! He couldn't find his, or was too impatient to go look for him and my shoes were available! He could barely walk in the things it was sooo funny! If I turn my back on him, he is getting himself hurt. Last week he ripped of his big toenail catching it on the bottom of a door, and a few days later he cut himself with a knife trying to get himself a piece of cheese. I got to keep an eye on that boy!
Lastly....last night we woke up to some clanking noise, and at first I thought it was just raining hard or hailing, but then soon realized what it was! Deer hooves clanking against our wrought iron fence- again! We called the police and within a few minutes Brian and two police officers were working hard at freeing the deer from between the bars. It was quite an effort. I never knew what sound a deer made, but I never imagined it would sound like what we heard. It's hard to describe, but if I were a little kid and heard that noise int eh night, I might think it was a monster, and it was LOUD! It woke up the dogs withing a few blocks, and they went wild! All this commotion woke up some neighbors and we soon saw lights start to come on in a few houses. The deer was really fighting, and wouldn't be able to keep up for long, so the police said- ruin the fence or shoot it. So we ruined the fence! The deer bounced away free! We'll have to replace a bar in our fence though.
So that's our household these days. Nothing too dramaticm but we're thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment