Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Is that Jesus?

This week, Jackson, Zoey, Annie and I tagged along with Brian on a business trip to Florida. It is odd to be somewhere warm enough to swim in the ocean in December, or seeing Christmas lights on palm trees. It almost feels like it's the wrong month! But we are excited to be here and out of the cold....although it has made me decide that as much as I am relishing the warm weather, I think I like to live somewhere where there are four seasons.

I will post more about our trip, along with pictures later (most likely when we get back home next week), but I just had to share our funny moment of the day! Jackson saw Jesus on the beach.

We were walking on the beach this afternoon, hauling more than is necessary for a couple of adults and two little kids. But amid our chaotic moment of shuffling items around and our excited talk about the beach, we walked passed a man who had long dark wavy brown hair (like down to his waist) and a full beard, wearing nothing more than swim trunks hanging low on his waistline. I didn't give much thought about him, we had seen many beach bums throughout the day, but without skipping a beat Jackson turned to me and asked, "Is that Jesus Mommy?" Annie and I had a roar of a laugh at that innocent questions. I'm happy to see he 'knows' what Jesus looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment